20.6.17

Summer Skincare Must Haves

Summer Skincare Must Haves

With the inevitable burning sensation of the UV rays hitting our skin during the summer months, we want (or at least I do, don't know about you) something that will protect our skin from premature ageing (lines, wrinkles, hyper pigmentation) because sun exposure is one of the main factors of skin ageing. 

So of course, products with SPF are a must, and it is crucial we wear them on our face (and any exposed skin) year round. Look for products with at least SPF 15, but do go higher if you burn easily. Note that products with SPF 50 or above aren't that much more effective, the key here is to apply generously and to reapply if you will be spending most of the day outside. Also try to avoid exposing yourself to UV rays between the hours of 11:00 and 15:00 as it is when they are the strongest. 

My current summer SPF products are the following:

Face: I've been using this Olay Complete Radiance Illuminator SPF 15 for normal to oily skin. I must say this is actually quite lightweight and doesn't leave any glittery particles on my face, which is what I was scared of when I read the word Illuminator in its name. It also leaves no white cast or sticky sensation, sinks in quite quick and has a light scent. The only thing I don't love is that it contains parabens, but other than that it is a really good product. 

Lips: I've been using the Blistex Classic Lip Protector, it has SPF 10 and it has a mixture of natural oils in the ingredients, as well as chamomile and aloe, which makes it not only moisturising but also soothing. It has a subtle and sweet vanilla scent and taste to it as well. I would like to try the Palmer's Dark Chocolate and Mint SPF 15 lip balm too, which would be ideal to freshen up your breath after a meal. 

Hands: they are the first to show signs of ageing (along with the eye area) as skin is constantly exposed to the sun and rarely cared for. I've been loving The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream, it has SPF 15, it's super lightweight, hydrating, softening and smells of roses. What more could you want? Oh, yeah - it also prevents the appearance of dark spots thanks to rosehip oil in the formula.

What are your summer skincare must haves?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)